Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Posted 5 months ago. Aug 05, 2017 - 23:00 UTC
Please be advised that Ravello Systems will be performing a partial service maintenance for its Public IP service. The maintenance is scheduled for Saturday, August 5, 2017, between 23.00 UTC and Sunday, August 6, 05.00 UTC.
The maintenance will partially affect a limited number of running applications (see a detailed description below). In order to completely avoid the impact, please apply the suggested changes in the mitigation section below.
Impact on Running Applications:
The maintenance will only affect applications that use the "Globally Available (US-West)" Elastic IP location for elastic IPs in its VMs.
All other running applications will not be impacted.
How to determine if your application is using an impacted IP-
Elastic IPs from the following ranges might be affected:
-- In case your application is using a public or elastic IP from a different range (taken, for example, from any elastic pool location that is not "Globally Available(US-West)") - it should not be affected. (e.g : 104.X.X.X range or 54.X.X.X range)
-- If your application is not using elastic IPs, it should not be affected.
During the maintenance window, affected VMs may experience intermittent network connectivity issues.
During the maintenance window, external access to VMs in the affected applications will be impacted as follows:
- It might not be possible to access VMs over their Public IP addresses.
- Outbound access from these impacted VMs to the Internet might not be available.
- Attempts to perform the following operations in the specified locations/regions might fail:
- Publishing new applications/VMs with Elastic IP addresses from the Globaly-Available(US-West) IP location.
- Starting VMs with elastic IPs taken from the Globaly-Available(US-West) IP location.
- Internal application communication (LAN) will be available using internal IP addresses/hostnames.
- Console access to VMs will be available.
- Other Regions and Other Elastic IP address locations will not be affected. (e.g : us-central-1 and "non Globally Available (US-West)" EIP locations).
It is possible to completely avoid the impact of the planned maintenance by taking one of the following measures:
- You may avoid using Elastic IPs from the “Globally available(US-West)" location.
- You may use regular public IPs instead, or elastic ips from all other locations.
General impact: low.
Max expected impact time window: 6 hours.